Monday, November 23, 2009

Velvet Salad

My first salad! Here is where I got the recipe.The Jell-O aisle at Big-Y is extensive. Just goes to show how much Jell-O is still in the American psyche.

an incomplete picture of the ingredient list

mixing together yellow and orange jell-o

Adding pineapples to the jell-o...

...adding bananas,

...and adding marshmallows. So that's the jell-o part of the recipe. Next is the topping...it's pretty gross. The ingredients for the topping are: an egg, pineapple juice, flour, sugar, pimento cheese and Cool Whip.


This is the sugar, butter, flour, pineapple juice and the egg.


...adding the pimento cheese to the concoction.

This stuff is really gross. It pretty much came out in clumps.

Ew.

My friend, Katie, visually represents how bad that topping smelled.



..adding Cool Whip to the pimento cheese mixture
...and the final product!
I'll add more pictures as soon as I can convince someone to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment